[Numpy-discussion] Solaris Sparc build broken

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 13:30:09 EST 2009

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 3:09 AM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a bit concerned about the MPFR license.

I used the same technique, but the implementation is from scratch, in
a different language. Strictly speaking, I guess this could be
considered as derivative work, but given that we are open source, I
doubt mpfr copyright holders would be bothered with this. FWIW, all
build tools with configure checks use techniques pioneered by autoconf
(cmake, waf, scons).

I can check with mpfr developers if you are really worried, though,

cheers,

David