[Numpy-discussion] documenting index_tricks

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Sun May 24 15:22:37 EDT 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 2:29 PM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm documenting the index_tricks module and am unsure how to handle r_ and
> related objects. r_ is an instance of RClass, therefore ipython shows the
> RClass docstring for "r_?". RClass in the doc editor is also marked as
> "needs editing", and the page for r_ is completely empty (see
> http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/docs/numpy.r_/#numpy-r). It seems like only one
> of the two should be edited and then the docstring should be copied over.

it looks like this is already the case, the htmlhelp and the sphinx
generated docs

http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/generated/numpy.r_.html#numpy.r_

show the docstring that I get with help(np.r_) for RClass on the
python prompt, even though in the doc editor it is empty.

So editing RClass seems to be the right thing to do.

Josef