[Numpy-discussion] Inconsistent error messages.

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sat May 23 20:03:14 EDT 2009

On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 18:57, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
> You were supposed to be able to change the default behaviour, but it didn't
> used to work. I think if you are going to use a warning as a flag then it
> has to always be raised when a failure occurs, not just the first time.

A brief test suggest that in Python 2.5.4, at least, as long as you
set the action to be 'always' before the warning is first issued, it
works. We can do this just after the IOWarning (or whatever) gets
defined.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."