[Numpy-discussion] memoryerror with numpy.fromfile

Michael Hearne mhearne at usgs.gov
Thu May 21 14:14:18 EDT 2009

All:  Never mind!  The file I was attempting to read was part of an
(apparently) silently incomplete download, and as such, the file size
didn't match the metadata in the header file describing the data file,
and I was reading beyond the end of the file.

I would submit that MemoryError is perhaps a little misleading for
this particular case, but oh well.

Thanks for the comments!

--Mike