[Numpy-discussion] OS X PPC problem with Numpy 1.3.0b1

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 20:59:25 EDT 2009

Hey, when I said the windows 64 bits support was experimental, I meant it :)

> Also, np.finfo(np.float128) crashes. I can assign and multiple
> longdoubles and take the square root but not use the power '**'.
>  >>> y=np.longdouble(2)
>  >>> y
> 2.0
>  >>> y**1
> 2.0
>  >>> y**2
> crash

There was a bug in the mingw powl function, but I thought the problem
was fixed upstream. I will look at it.

This shows that numpy lacks long testing, though - the numpy test
suite passes 100 % (when it does not crash :) ), but the long double
support is very flaky at best on the windows 64 + mingw combination
ATM.

cheers,

David