[Numpy-discussion] numscons missing directory?

Sul, Young L Sul at hcp.med.harvard.edu
Fri Mar 20 12:04:22 EDT 2009

Hi,

I went to https://launchpad.net/numpy.scons.support/+download and grabbed numscons-0.9.2.tar.bz2.

But, you get this error when installing numpy:

RuntimeError: You need numscons >= 0.9.3 to build numpy with numscons (detected 0.9.2 )

So I did the easy install upgrade (easy_install -U numscons). You then end up with two directories in site-packages: numscons and numscons-0.9.4-py2.4.egg. The numscons directory seems to have the proper stuff inside of it, but the ....egg directory doesn't.

Is there a way to directly grab the latest version? I didn't see any URL for SVN posted anywhere.

-y