[Numpy-discussion] Intel MKL on Core2 system

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Mar 12 09:30:20 EDT 2009

Ryan May wrote:

> [DEFAULT]
> include_dirs = /opt/intel/mkl/10.0.2.018/include/
> <http://10.0.2.018/include/>
> library_dirs = /opt/intel/mkl/10.0.2.018/lib/em64t/:/usr/lib
> <http://10.0.2.018/lib/em64t/:/usr/lib>
>
> [blas]
> libraries = mkl_gf_lp64, mkl_gnu_thread, mkl_core, iomp5
>
> [lapack]
> libraries = mkl_lapack, mkl_gf_lp64, mkl_gnu_thread, mkl_core, iomp5
>
> It's just confusing I guess because if I change blas and lapack to
> blas_opt and lapack_opt, I cannot get it to work.

Yes, the whole thing is very confusing; trying to understand it when I
try to be compatible with it in numscons drove me crazy (the changes
with default section handling in python 2.6 did no help). IMHO, we
should get rid of all this at some point, and use something much simpler
(one file, no sections, just straight LIBPATH + LIBS + CPPATH options),
because the current code has gone much beyond the madness point. But it
will break some configurations for sure.

cheers,

David