[Numpy-discussion] new numpy error in 1.3.0.dev6618

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Mar 11 01:37:29 EDT 2009

Charles R Harris wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 8:57 AM, Christopher Hanley <chanley at stsci.edu
> <mailto:chanley at stsci.edu>> wrote:
>
>     ======================================================================
>     ERROR: test_float_repr (test_scalarmath.TestRepr)
>     ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>     Traceback (most recent call last):
>       File
>     "/Users/chanley/dev/site-packages/lib/python/numpy/core/tests/test_scalarmath.py",
>     line 101, in test_float_repr
>         val2 = t(eval(val_repr))
>       File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
>     NameError: name 'nan' is not defined
>
>     ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>     Ran 2018 tests in 10.311s
>
>     FAILED (KNOWNFAIL=1, SKIP=1, errors=1)
>     <nose.result.TextTestResult run=2018 errors=1 failures=0>
>      >>> numpy.__version__
>     '1.3.0.dev6618'
>      >>>

>     This was run on a Intel Mac running OS X 10.5.6.
>

> There are other problems:

> -0.0
> -0
> -0

This is not a regression at least (I have just tested on 1.2.1). There
is still a lot of work we can do to make this better - but this will
have to wait for 1.4 I believe, because those are really hard to get
right (they depend on both C runtimes and python versions).

I will look at the mac thing, I wonder why it only appear on this OS,
though,

cheers,

David