[Numpy-discussion] Code for compatibility with gfortran, license issues

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 04:48:37 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Hanni Ali<hanni.ali at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Sounds very interesting, have you noticed any improvement in performance ove
> using the builtin numpy blas lite?

For now, I focus on building and passing the test suite. That's
already a lot of work since MS compilers are very crappy C compilers
(lot of missing functions, no complex support, etc... all which has to
be reimplemented). So performances will only come much later :) If you
care about performance, I would guess intel compilers and one of the
numerous commercial fortran compiler is the way to go.

cheers,

David