[Numpy-discussion] scipy 0.7.1rc2 released

Matthieu Brucher matthieu.brucher at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 08:14:34 EDT 2009

Good luck with fixing this then :|

I've tried to build scipy with the MKL and ATLAS, and I have in both
cases a segmentation fault. With the MKL, it is the same as in a
previous mail, and for ATLAS it is there:
Regression test for #946. ... Segmentation fault

A bad ATLAS compilation?

Matthieu

>> It could be simply enhanced by refactoring only mconf.h with proper
>> compiler flags, and fix yn.c to remove the NAN detection (as it should
>> be in the mconf.h).
>
> NAN and co definition should be dealt with the portable definitions we
> have now in numpy - I just have to find a way to reuse the
> corresponding code outside numpy (distutils currently does not handle
> proper installation of libraries built through build_clib), it is on
> my TODO list for scipy 0.8.
>
> Unfortunately, this is only the tip of the iceberg. A lot of code in
> cephes uses #ifdef on platform specificities, and let's not forget it
> is pre-ANSI C code (K&R declarations), with a lot of hidden bugs.\
>
> cheers,
>
> David

Information System Engineer, Ph.D.
Website: http://matthieu-brucher.developpez.com/