[Numpy-discussion] glibc error

Gideon Simpson simpson at math.toronto.edu
Sun Jan 25 10:44:15 EST 2009

Rebuilding the library against ATLAS 3.8.2 with lapack 3.1.1 seems to
have done the trick.  I do get one failure:

FAIL: test_umath.TestComplexFunctions.test_against_cmath
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/nonsystem/simpson/lib/python2.5/site-packages/nose/
case.py", line 182, in runTest
     self.test(*self.arg)
   File "/usr/local/nonsystem/simpson/lib/python2.5/site-packages/
numpy/core/tests/test_umath.py", line 268, in test_against_cmath
     assert abs(a - b) < atol, "%s %s: %s; cmath: %s"%(fname,p,a,b)
AssertionError: arcsinh -2j: (-1.31695789692-1.57079632679j); cmath:
(1.31695789692-1.57079632679j)

-gideon