[Numpy-discussion] Arithmetic on arrays of pointers

Dan Goodman dg.gmane at thesamovar.net
Wed Apr 29 16:20:56 EDT 2009

Thanks Chris and Stefan,

In the end, I'm going to take both your advice and not do this after
all. Actually I worked out another way to do the same thing.
Essentially, rather than store a pointer I store a reference to the
array, and an array of indices in that array. Much safer and the things
I wanted to do can be done in pure Python/numpy rather than needing C
code. It has raised another question though, but I'll start a new thread
for that.

Thanks again for the suggestions!

Dan