[Numpy-discussion] Compiling for free on Windows32

Sturla Molden sturla at molden.no
Fri Apr 17 06:06:06 EDT 2009

On 4/17/2009 11:50 AM, Gael Varoquaux wrote:

> Could you elaborate on your reason.

Probably silly reasons though...

I have a distutils.cfg file and a build system set up that works. I
don't want to bother setting up a different build system when I already
have one that works. I can use the Intel compilers at home, but only if
I have an open VPN connection to work. I think just using a free gcc
compiler is easier. I don't want to remember switches for two compilers.
Syntax for inline assembly is different (on Windows), requiring
preprocessor magic and code duplication. Object files and libraries are
named differently (on Windows). There are numerous resons, but they all
boil down to me being lacy.

S.M.