[Numpy-discussion] Compiling for free on Windows32

Fadhley Salim Fadhley.Salim at uk.calyon.com
Wed Apr 15 13:22:01 EDT 2009

So what is the official way to compile Numpy 1.3.0 for Python 2.4.x? If Visual Studio 2003 will not compile it and nothing else is intended to work, then surely nothing will work? That cannot be right.

PS. Perhaps there is another way to do it... compiling for me is just a means to an end. We are users of Numpy not developers of Numpy. What I want most of all to just be able to pick up a .egg file for Numpy & Scipy pre-built for Win32 by somebody else. Even better if it were an official or quasi-official distribution of the product. Does anybody know if I can just download and use Numpy + Scipy in pre-compiled in egg form?

Thanks