[Numpy-discussion] help getting started

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Sat Apr 11 00:14:11 EDT 2009

David Cournapeau wrote:
> <Chris.Barker at noaa.gov> wrote:
>> Last I checked, the binary for ScipPy was broken, you'll need to get
>> gfortran and compile it yourself, as the page tells you.
>
> This should really be fixed, it is not acceptable to have a broken
> binary. I will generate a new one,

That would be great. IIRC, there were two issues: one was intel-only
binaries generated by gfortran, and the other was libgfortran missing.

By the way, how id you end up building the new numpy binary? Any good
ideas on the virtualenv issues?

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax