[Numpy-discussion] DVCS at PyCon

Neil Muller drnlmuller+scipy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 03:35:56 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 7:56 AM, Ondrej Certik <ondrej at certik.cz> wrote:
> It is maybe easier to learn how to work with different clones, but
> once you start working with lots of patches and you need to reclone
> all the time, then it's the wrong approach to work, as it takes lots
> of time to copy the whole repository on the disk. I worked like that
> with mercurial and I hated it, especially once I started to have ~15
> branches.

There are also tools like git-new-workdir (in git's contrib section)
that allow you to keep separate working directories for different
branches, without needing multiple clones. It's written in shell, but,
 AFAIK, it works fine on windows using cygwin.

yap (yet another porcelain) also provides this functionality. easy-git
doesn't, but as a thin layer, it should work fine with git-new-workdir

--
Neil Muller
drnlmuller at gmail.com

I've got a gmail account. Why haven't I become cool?