[Numpy-discussion] DVCS at PyCon

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 09:09:33 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 6:00 AM, Ondrej Certik <ondrej at certik.cz> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 11:04 PM, David Cournapeau <cournape at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 3:34 AM, Ondrej Certik <ondrej at certik.cz> wrote:
>>
>>> Yes.
>>
>> Do you have any windows developers (I am sorry, I am not familiar at
>> all with sympy)?
>
> Not much.
>

>> My main concern with git are:
>>  - you may need the command line
>
> Oh, definitely. What else? :)

I never commit to svn from the command line, only with a gui that lets
me easily browse any changes that I am about to commit. I use the
command line for checkouts and updates.

or else plugins to editors, eg. eclipse

For those of us, that don't use git all the time, the amount that we
have to learn and keep in mind, seems pretty high. With a gui, I can
check the menus to see what the names of the necessary commands are
and I don't have to memorize them or type help all the time to remind
me.

Josef