[Numpy-discussion] complex roots() segfault on Solaris 10/x86 with numpy 1.2.rc1 using python 2.5.2

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Sep 23 00:56:00 EDT 2008

Michael Abshoff wrote:
> This is python 2.5.2 build with gcc 4.2.4, numpy itself is build with
> "-O0", i.e. this is unlikely to be a compiler bug IMHO. This bug has
> been present in 1.0.4, 1.1.0 and it seems unfixed in 1.2.rc1. The numpy
> 1.1 test suite passed with that install, I did not run the 1.2.rc1 one
> yet since I do not have nose installed.
>
> gdb says nothing particularly helpful:

Yes, because you built python with -O0; you should add at least -g to
the cflags, because here, you don't have debugging symbols, meaning the
gdb won't be of much help unfortunately.

Would it be possible for you to rebuild python and numpy with debugging
info ? I tried to look into that bug, but I can't reproduce it on
opensolaris with gcc and python 2.4

cheers,

David