[Numpy-discussion] Medians that ignore values

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Sep 19 23:25:50 EDT 2008

Stéfan van der Walt wrote:

> Why shouldn't we have "nanmin"-like behaviour for the C min itself?

Ah, I was not arguing we should not do it in C, but rather we did not
have to do in C. The current behavior for nan with functions relying on
ordering is broken; if someone prefer fixing it in C, great. But I was
guessing more people could fix it using python, that's all.

I opened a bug for min/max and nan, this should be fixed for 1.3.0,
maybe 1.2.1 too.

cheers,

David