[Numpy-discussion] numpy or scipy ?

xiaojf FDU.xiaojf at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 23:03:46 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to replace matlab with python in my daily work and I have
several problems now.

1) Which one should I use, numpy or scipy ? I found that numpy and
scipy have many overlap functions and modules, such as numpy.linalg
and scipy.linaly.

Maybe I should use numpy in some occasions and use scipy in the other
occasions?

2) Are there any functions in numpy/scipy that can do Partial Least
Square(PLS) regression? How to calculate adjusted R squared in numpy/
scipy? I have googled to find the answer, but have on success.

Thanks in advance.