[Numpy-discussion] numpy build on windows

Miroslav Sabljic civija at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 09:00:42 EDT 2008

On 9/5/08, David Cournapeau <david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:

> The code itself will have to be buildable with VS 2008 (if only because
> of python 2.6, for which VS 2008 will be the default compiler), so it
> will happen eventually.
>
> The problem is that distutils is really inflexible, and it is hard to
> know how to have it do what you want;

I have tried with numpy 1.1.1 and made some progress that actually
something did build this time. :) I did the same trick when I was
building PIL.

set DISTUTILS_USE_SDK=1
set MSSDK=1
python setup.py build (without site.cfg)

and there is no more this error message:
error: Python was built with Visual Studio version 9, and extensions
need to be built with the same version of the compiler, but it isn't
installed.

The build log is in attachment. Now I just have to see about this
error message I'm getting, "don't know how to compile Fortran code on
platform 'nt'".

> I unfortunately don't have the time to build a VS 2008 python ATM. If you can't get  > further, don't hesitate to ask again in a few days,

If you are willing to try I can send you my Python25_VC9 installation
so you can try with it? BTW, thanks for your help so far!

Second try:
The attach was over 40 KB, this is ziped one.

--
Best regards,
  Miroslav