[Numpy-discussion] 1.2.0rc1 tagged!

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Sep 3 02:24:50 EDT 2008

Jarrod Millman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The 1.2.0rc1 is now available:
> http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/tags/1.2.0rc1
>
> The source tarball is here:
> https://cirl.berkeley.edu/numpy/numpy-1.2.0rc1.tar.gz
>
> Here is the universal Mac binary:
> https://cirl.berkeley.edu/numpy/numpy-1.2.0rc1-py2.5-macosx10.5.dmg
>
> Here are the Window's binaries:
> http://www.ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp/members/david/archives/numpy/numpy-1.2.0rc1-win32-superpack-python2.4.exe
> http://www.ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp/members/david/archives/numpy/numpy-1.2.0rc1-win32-superpack-python2.5.exe
>
> Here are the release notes:
> http://scipy.org/scipy/numpy/milestone/1.2.0
>
> Please test this release ASAP and let us know if there are any
> problems.  If there are no show stoppers, this will likely become the
> 1.2.0 release.

I just wanted to point that on windows, there are two known test
failures concerning long double printing. They should only concern the
printing, and do not affect computation; if you don't use long double on
windows, this does not affect you at all.

Unfortunately, I did not find an easy way to fix it (I could not make
the obvious fix to work, and the underlying cause is that our
configuration system became a bit of a spaghetti code in this case,
which I am hoping to fix for 1.3, but is too big of a change for 1.2).

cheers,

David