[Numpy-discussion] Scipy in Python 2.6

Nadav Horesh nadavh at visionsense.com
Tue Oct 7 03:15:12 EDT 2008

1. The latest release of setuptools solved the problem of scikits
2. Idle error log example:

>>> from pylab import *

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#10>", line 1, in <module>
    from pylab import *
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pylab.py", line 1, in
<module>
    from matplotlib.pylab import *
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/matplotlib/__init__.py",
line 96, in <module>
    import md5, os, re, shutil, sys, warnings
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/md5.py", line 8, in <module>
    DeprecationWarning, 2)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/warnings.py", line 29, in _show_warning
    file.write(formatwarning(message, category, filename, lineno, line))
TypeError: idle_formatwarning_subproc() takes exactly 4 arguments (5
given)

3. I have the feeling that python2.6 goes in the way of python 2.2 that
had to pass two bug-fix revisions to be really stable.

  Nadav.