[Numpy-discussion] RE: Problème pour construire les tests Numpy-Swig

Michel Dupront michel.dupront at hotmail.fr
Fri Oct 3 06:21:20 EDT 2008

Oh sorry I wrote my first email in french

Hello,
I just installed Numpy. I am interested in using Swig.
When I try to build the tests I get the following error message:

"""
swig -c++ -python Array.i
:9: Error: Macro '%typecheck' expects 1 argument
:36: Error: Macro '%typecheck' expects 1 argument
:64: Error: Macro '%typecheck' expects 1 argument
:92: Error: Macro '%typecheck' expects 1 argument
:119: Error: Macro '%typecheck' expects 1 argument
:148: Error: Macro '%typecheck' expects 1 argument
:177: Error: Macro '%typecheck' expects 1 argument
:206: Error: Macro '%typecheck' expects 1 argument
:235: Error: Macro '%typecheck' expects 1 argument
"""

It seems that the directive %numpy_typemaps is responsible for this error:
"""
/* Concrete instances of the %numpy_typemaps() macro: Each invocation
 * below applies all of the typemaps above to the specified data type.
 */
%numpy_typemaps(signed char       , NPY_BYTE     , int)
%numpy_typemaps(unsigned char     , NPY_UBYTE    , int)*/
%numpy_typemaps(short             , NPY_SHORT    , int)
/*%numpy_typemaps(unsigned short    , NPY_USHORT   , int)
%numpy_typemaps(int               , NPY_INT      , int)
%numpy_typemaps(unsigned int      , NPY_UINT     , int)
%numpy_typemaps(long              , NPY_LONG     , int)
%numpy_typemaps(unsigned long     , NPY_ULONG    , int)
%numpy_typemaps(long long         , NPY_LONGLONG , int)
%numpy_typemaps(unsigned long long, NPY_ULONGLONG, int)
%numpy_typemaps(float             , NPY_FLOAT    , int)
%numpy_typemaps(double            , NPY_DOUBLE   , int)
"""

Somebody already faced this problem ?
Thank you very much for any help.
Friendly,