[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-user] os x, intel compilers & mkl, and fink python

David Warde-Farley dwf at cs.toronto.edu
Fri Nov 28 19:07:46 EST 2008

On 28-Nov-08, at 5:38 PM, Gideon Simpson wrote:

> Has anyone gotten the combination of OS X with a fink python
> distribution to successfully build numpy/scipy with the intel
> compilers and the mkl?  If so, how'd you do it?

IIRC David Cournapeau has had some success building numpy with MKL on
OS X, but I doubt it was the fink distribution. Is there a reason you
prefer fink's python rather than the Python.org universal framework
build? Also, which particular python version (2.4, 2.5, 2.6? I know
fink typically has a couple).

David