[Numpy-discussion] Old-style classes in tests

Tom Wright tom.wright at resolversystems.com
Mon Nov 24 10:44:11 EST 2008

I am currently working on the Ironclad project porting numpy to Ironpython.

It would be quite useful for me if HermitianTestCase in test_linalg.py
was a new style-class instead of an old-style class - since Ironpython
has a bug where dir operations do not work for classes inheriting from
both old- and new- style classes and I'd very much prefer not to patch
my version of numpy.

In general, it would be useful if whenever this multiple inheritence
pattern is used new-style classes are used rather than old style
classes. This would require the following classes to change:
test_numerictypes  - create_values, read_values_plain, read_values_nested
test_print - create_zeros, create_values, assign_values, byteorder_values
test_io - Roundtriptest
test_linalg -  LinalgTestCase, HermitianTestCase

Would people be ameniable to these change?

Thank you very much for your help,
Tom Wright