[Numpy-discussion] [Numpy-svn] r5198 - trunk/numpy/f2py

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Tue May 20 06:21:32 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 12:03 pm, David Cournapeau wrote:
> Pearu Peterson wrote:
>> f2py changes are never critical to numpy users who do not use f2py.
>>
> No, but they are to scipy users if f2py cannot build scipy.

Well, I know pretty well what f2py features scipy uses and
what could break scipy build. So, don't worry about that.

>> I have stated before that I am not developing numpy.f2py any further.
>> This also means that any changes to f2py should be essentially bug
>> fixes. Creating a branch for bug fixes is a waste of time, imho.
>>
> I was speaking about creating a branch for the unit tests changes you
> were talking about, that is things which could potentially break a lot
> of configurations.

A branch for the unit tests changes is of course reasonable.

> Is the new f2py available for users ? If yes,..

No, it is far from being usable now. The numpy.f2py and g3 f2py
are completely different software. The changeset was fixing
a bug in numpy.f2py, it has nothing to do with g3 f2py.

amazing-how-paranoiac-is-todays-numpy/scipy-development'ly yours,
Pearu