[Numpy-discussion] Quick Question about Optimization

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Mon May 19 16:53:08 EDT 2008

Anne Archibald wrote:
> 2008/5/19 James Snyder <jbsnyder at gmail.com>:
>> I can provide the rest of the code if needed, but it's basically just
>> filling some vectors with random and empty data and initializing a few
>> things.
>
> It would kind of help, since it would make it clearer what's a scalar
> and what's an array, and what the dimensions of the various arrays
> are.

It would also help if you provided a complete example (as little code as
possible), so we could try out and time our ideas before suggesting them.

>> np.random.standard_normal(size=(1,self.naff))

Anyone know how fast this is compared to Matlab? That could be the
difference right there.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov