[Numpy-discussion] "API change" or "stuff we'd like to change" was: recarray fun

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Tue May 13 05:50:41 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 2:31 AM, Sebastian Haase <haase at msg.ucsf.edu> wrote:
>  as a summary of many more "smaller" things, such as
>   * np.resize vs. arr.resize  need unified behavior, and additional
>  argument to allow old behavior

I think you are asking about whether you can start discussing smaller
changes for unifying the call signatures of different functions like
what we did with median.  If so, the answer is yes.  You can just
create a new page and start listing the instances where you find this
kind of situation.  I personally would like to see all those kinds of
things cleaned up at some point, although some things may have to wait
until a distant, major release like 2.0 or greater.

Regardless it would be useful if you could gather examples of these
kinds of things.

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley