[Numpy-discussion] numpy in RHEL4

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon May 5 13:17:00 EDT 2008

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 6:14 AM, Bala subramanian
<bala.biophysics at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> I am trying to install numpy version numpy-1.0.4 in RHEL 4. My python
> version is 2.3.4.  While installation, it throws me the following error and
> stops. Kindly write me how to get rid of this.

The files /usr/lib/liblapack.a and /usr/lib/liblapack.so are probably
32-bit instead of 64-bit. You can (probably) check this using the
command

  $ file /usr/lib/liblapack.so

Locate the 64-bit versions of liblapack and libblas and make sure that
you have the correct directory in your site.cfg file. The numpy source
tree contains a commented site.cfg.example file for you to start with.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco