[Numpy-discussion] missing function in numpy.ma?

Charles Doutriaux doutriaux1 at llnl.gov
Fri Mar 28 14:29:29 EDT 2008

Hi Pierre,

Hum... something is still broken. But maybe you can help me figuring out
if something dramtically changed
We're defining a new class object MaskedVariable which inherit from our
other class: AbstractVariable (in which we define a reorder function for
the obects) and from MaskedArray (used to be from numpy.oldnumeric.ma.array)
Now when reading data from a file it complains that "MaskedArray" has no
attribute "reorder", so that probably means that somewhere something
failed in the initialisation of our object and it retuned a simple
MaskedArray instead of an MaskedVariable... But since the only changes
are from numpy, i wonder if the inheritance form MaskedArray is somehow
different from the one from MA.array ?

Any clue on where to start looking would be great,

Thanks,