[Numpy-discussion] Openmp support (was numpy's future (1.1 and beyond): which direction(s) ?)

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 17:25:58 EDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 2:59 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Charles R Harris
> <charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Maybe it's time to revisit the template subsystem I pulled out of
> Django.
>
> I am still -lots on using the Django template system. Please, please,
> please, look at Jinja or another templating package that could be
> dropped in without *any* modification.

Well, I have a script that pulls the relevant parts out of Django. I know
you had a bad experience, but...
That said, Jinja looks interesting. It uses the Django syntax, which was one
of the things I liked most about Django templates. In fact, it looks pretty
much like Django templates made into a standalone application, which is what
I was after. However, it's big, the installed egg is about 1Mib, which is
roughly 12x the size as my cutdown version of Django, and it has some
c-code, so would need building. On the other hand, it also looks like it
contains a lot of extraneous stuff, like translations, that could be
removed. Would you be adverse to adding it in if it looks useful?

Chuck