[Numpy-discussion] Help needed with numpy 10.5 release blockers

Sebastian Haase haase at msg.ucsf.edu
Fri Mar 21 07:29:29 EDT 2008

I think the bug was  referring to the fact that some types have
duplicate names *explicitly* containing the letter "c" --
as in
>>> repr(N.intc)
'<type 'numpy.int32'>'

Is this supposed to be consistent naming scheme (i.e. any C type "<T>"
is accessible as "N.<T>c") ?

Then  c float-type should consequently be named N.floatc .

Futhermore, sometimes the "c" appears first, as in:
>>> N.clongfloat
<type 'numpy.complex192'>
>>> N.clongdouble
<type 'numpy.complex192'>

... and what does the "p" stand for in
>>> N.intp
<type 'numpy.int32'>

Otherwise please elaborate why some names like "intc" exist, and which
exactly those are !?

(BTW, the name "N.single" is there to make FORTRAN people feel more
comfortable - right ?)

Thanks,
-Sebastian