[Numpy-discussion] Nose, doctests and extension modules.

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 23:00:59 EDT 2008

Howdy,

I made some progress on the issue I mentioned earlier:

http://lists.idyll.org/pipermail/testing-in-python/2008-June/000709.html

As indicated there, a bug report has been filed with Python itself:

http://bugs.python.org/issue3158

But in the meantime, Alan may want to apply the monkeypatch solution
until the whole thing is correctly fixed upstream.  I'm attaching the
little cython example that contains the monkeypatch.  If anyone starts
writing cython code with docstrings, or putting proper doctests in
hand-written extension modules (which is more annoying but can be done
just as well), this fix will mean that the testing system can find
them.

Cheers,