[Numpy-discussion] Installation info

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Jun 4 03:59:57 EDT 2008

Robert Kern wrote:

> There are a lot of them. Feel free to add any additional tests you
> think are necessary, and we'll see how painful it is at build-time.

What would be acceptable ? I quickly tested on my macbook, on mac os X:
it takes ~ 2 seconds / 25 functions tests. If speed really is a problem,
than we can first test them as a group, and then one by one for the
platforms where it does not work (something like AC_CHECK_FUNCS_ONCE, if
you are familiar with autotools) ?

It should not be too complicated to add this to distutils, and I believe
it would make the configuration more robust,

cheers,

David