[Numpy-discussion] Installation info

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Jun 2 04:51:59 EDT 2008

Hanni Ali wrote:

> I had managed to compile and install 1.04 with vs 2005 64 bit with a
> bit of hacking,

I can't build official binaries with VS: I don't have VS. Also, there is
the problem of building the fortran dependencies (BLAS/LAPACK). I don't
know if it is even possible to build ATLAS on windows x64. Even assuming
we only use netlib BLAS/LAPACK, I still need a fortran compiler (gfortran).

> however it had failed one of the regression tests. I will try
> numpy-1.1.0, has anyone used vs 2008 to compile it for 64 bit windows?

You need to use the same VS as python: this means VS 2003 for official
python 2.5 (you can build python yourself with VS 2005 or 2008, though,
but for distribution, this is not useful).

cheers,

David