[Numpy-discussion] Schedule for 1.2.0

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 23 11:41:04 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 6:46 AM, David Huard <david.huard at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think we should stick to what has been agreed and announced months ago.
> It's called honouring our commitments and the project's image depends on it.
>
> If the inconvenience of these API changes is worth the trouble, a 1.1.2 release
> could be considered.

+1
I would also like to stick with the original plans and make the
changes in 1.2.0.  I also think that given the fact that 1.1.1 will
include a large number of bugfixes from the trunk the concerns about
making the API change aren't as pronounced.  I also agree that if it
becomes an issue that releasing 1.1.2 might be a reasonable response.

If anyone still thinks that we should wait until 1.3 to make the
changes, now is the time to speak up.  Otherwise, let's plan to make
the changes on the trunk by the end of the week.

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley