[Numpy-discussion] [matplotlib-devel] Matplotlib and latest numpy

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Fri Jul 18 19:40:33 EDT 2008

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 01:25:51AM +0200, Gael Varoquaux wrote:
> Am I wrong, or does matploib not build with current numpy svn?

OK, Fernando told me that matplotlib builds fine with latest numpy on his
box so Ienquired a bit more. The problem is that the build of matplotlib
tries to include a header file that is generated automatically during the
build of numpy (__multiarray_api.h). If you install numpy using "python
setup.py install", this header file is inlcuded in the install. However I
used "python setupegg.py develop" to install numpy. As a result the
header file does not get put in the include directory. I guess this is
thus a bug in the setupegg.py of numpy, but my knowledge of setuptools is
way to low to be able to fix that.

Cheers,

Gaël