[Numpy-discussion] Schedule for 1.1.1

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Mon Jul 14 12:25:47 EDT 2008

The NumPy 1.1.1 release date (7/31/08) is rapidly approaching and we
need everyone's help.  Chuck Harris has volunteered to take the lead
on coordinating this release.

As a reminder here is the schedule for 1.1.1:
 - 7/20/08     tag the 1.1.1rc1 release and prepare packages
 - 7/27/08     tag the 1.1.1 release and prepare packages
 - 7/31/08     announce release
This release should include only bug-fixes and improved documentation.
 We need to follow this schedule as closely as possible because we
will need to start focusing on the upcoming NumPy 1.2.0 release as
soon as 1.1.1 is released.  As a reminder, the trunk is for 1.2.0
development; 1.1.1 will be tagged off the 1.1.x branch:
 svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/branches/1.1.x    numpy-1.1.x

If you have any fixes that you haven't back-ported yet, please do so
ASAP.  According to our release schedule we will be tagging the
release candidate for 1.1.1 next Sunday (7/20).  We will be asking for
wide-spread testing of the release candidate during the week of the
20th.

If you want to open a ticket specifically for this bug-fix release,
please use the NumPy 1.1.1 milestone:
 http://scipy.org/scipy/numpy/milestone/1.1.1

Thanks,

--