[Numpy-discussion] Read-only mercurial mirror of numpy trunk available

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Sun Jan 27 12:57:45 EST 2008

la, 2008-01-19 kello 14:15 +0900, David Cournapeau kirjoitti:
> Pauli Virtanen wrote:
> > pe, 2008-01-18 kello 18:06 +0900, David Cournapeau kirjoitti:
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >>     I got a mercurial mirror of numpy available. I put some basic info
> >> on the wiki
> >>
> >> http://scipy.org/scipy/numpy/wiki/HgMirror
> >
> > Nice!
>
> Don't hesitate to put more info there. Although I would consider myself
> relatively proficient with bzr, mercurial has some few important
> differences that I am still not sure to understand (in particular the
> lack of "one branch is one directory" concept)

I think I don't have edit access to the Trac Wiki...

Anyway, it'd be useful to also have either hg or bzr read-only mirror of
scipy too!

I'd actually like to see these mirrors hosted at some single "official"
place (svn.scipy.org?): If everyone maintains their own SVN mirror, the
resulting repositories typically turn out "unrelated" as far as the SCM
programs are concerned (because of different start points, different
conversion tools etc.), and one cannot easily pull and merge changes
from other people's repositories.

> > hgsvn makes only repository-local svn tags. They go in .hg/localtags,
> > from where they can be copied manually. I don't think hgsvn has an
> > option to put the tags into .hgtags (from where they would be passed on
> > automatically when the repository is cloned).
>
> Since tags seem to be handled through plain files in mercurial, would
> copying localtags into .hgtags work ?

It will work by just pasting the contents of localtags to .hgtags and
committing. However, this would need to be done periodically and would
pollute the history a bit.

--
Pauli Virtanen