[Numpy-discussion] location of ma in maskedarray branch

Eric Firing efiring at hawaii.edu
Wed Jan 23 02:40:02 EST 2008

Matt Knox wrote:
> I noticed that the new masked array module resides in numpy/ma in the
> maskedarray branch as opposed to numpy/core/ma  like it does in the
> current trunk.  Was this intentional? Code that explicitly imports ma
> from the core subfolder will break from this change (like the
> __init__.py script for the ma subfolder in matplotlib for example).

I modified mpl to handle this new location, assuming it was intentional
and likely to remain.  The change is included in release 0.91.2 as well
as in the svn trunk (formerly the transforms branch) and the svn
maintenance branch derived from 0.91.2).  The previous location is still
supported also.

Eric