[Numpy-discussion] Using svnmerge on numpy: am I missing something ?

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Jan 8 00:41:58 EST 2008

Hi,

    for my work related on scons, I have a branch build_with_scons in
the numpy trunk, which I have initialized exactly as documented on the
numpy wiki (http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/wiki/MakingBranches).
When I try to update my branch with the trunk, I got suprising merge
request, in perticular, it tried to merge all trunk revision up to 2871,
whereas I created my branch with a copy from the trunk at revision 4676.
Am I missing something ? Shouldn't it try to merge from the revision I
started the branch (since this revision is a common ancestor) ?

    cheers,

    David