[Numpy-discussion] numpy.test() fails if it runs after scipy.test()

LB berthe.loic at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 14:33:00 EST 2008

That's very strange,  I've made a local installation of numpy 1.0.4
and scipy 0.6 from official source, and I use the same kind of
installation script as in http://www.scipy.org/Installing_SciPy/Linux/BuildingFromSource/GCC_1,
so I always erase all the local directory to prevent this kind of
conflict from happening.

What's your configuration ?

I'm under GNU/Linux debian lenny on a i686,  and, I've just seen that
this pb is already in the debian packages of my distribution, which
are :

> dpkg -l 'python-*py'
Souhait=inconnU/Installé/suppRimé/Purgé/H=à garder
| État=Non/Installé/fichier-Config/dépaqUeté/échec-conFig/H=semi-
installé
|/ Err?=(aucune)/H=à garder/besoin Réinstallation/X=les deux
(État,Err: majuscule=mauvais)
||/ Nom                          Version
Description
+++-============================-============================-
un  python-f2py               <néant>                     (aucune
description n'est disponible)
ii  python-ipy                   1:0.56-1                     Python
module for handling IPv4 and IPv6 addresses and networks
ii  python-numpy             1:1.0.4-5                    Numerical
Python adds a fast array facility to the Python language
ii  python-scipy               0.6.0-5.1                    scientific
tools for Python
un  python-soappy         <néant>                     (aucune
description n'est disponible)

--
LB