[Numpy-discussion] loadtxt broken if file does not end in newline

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Wed Feb 27 15:19:28 EST 2008

David Huard wrote:
> The advantage of using regular expressions is that in this case it gives
> you some flexibility that wasn't there before. For instance, if for any
> reason there are two type of characters that coexist in the file to mark
> comments, using

> pattern = re.compile(comments)
> can take care of that automatically if comments is a regular expression.

OK -- but loadtxt() doesn't support that now anyway. I'm not writing the
code, nor using it at the moment, so It's fine with me either way, but
the re should certainly support the examples I gave that don't work now.
(plus probably others, that's not a comprehensive list of possibilities.)

-CHB

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov