[Numpy-discussion] Matching 0-d arrays and NumPy scalars

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 14:58:15 EST 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Travis E. Oliphant <oliphant at enthought.com>
wrote:

> > Travis,
> >
> > You have been getting mostly objections so far;
> I wouldn't characterize it that way, but yes 2 people have pushed back a
> bit, although one not directly speaking to the proposed behavior.

I need to think about it a lot more, but my initial reaction is also
negative. On general principle, I think scalars should be different from
arrays. Perhaps you could give some concrete examples of why you want the
new behavior? Perhaps there will be other approaches that would achieve the
same end.

Chuck