[Numpy-discussion] String sort

Francesc Altet faltet at carabos.com
Fri Feb 15 07:09:39 EST 2008

Hi Chuck,

I've given more testing to the new quicksort routines for strings in the
forthcoming NumPy.  I've run the indexing test units in PyTables Pro
(they stress the sorting routines a lot) against the current version of
NumPy in the repository, for the complete set of quicksort, mergesort
and heapsort of the new implementation, and I'm happy to say to
everything went very smoothly, i.e. more than 1000 tests with different
input arrays has passed flawlessly.  Good job!

Cheers,

V   V   Cárabos Coop. V.   Enjoy Data
 "-"