[Numpy-discussion] numerical noise for simple calcululations

dmitrey dmitrey.kroshko at scipy.org
Sun Feb 10 14:23:47 EST 2008

I need just a single number "in avarage".
I have committed some changes to NLP/NSP ralg solver from
scikits.openopt, for non-noisy funcs it works better, but for noisy
funcs vise versa, hence now my examples/nssolveVSfsolve.py doesn't work
as it should be, so I need to implement "noise" parameter and assing a
default value to the one.

So, the question is: what default value should be here? I was thinking
of either 0 or something like K*numpy.machine_precesion, where K is
something like 1...10...100.
Regards, D.