[Numpy-discussion] unique1d docs

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 23:37:33 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 10:18 PM, Alan G Isaac <aisaac at american.edu> wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 9:21 PM, Alan G Isaac wrote:
>>> I noticed that unique1d is not documented on the
>>> Numpy Example List http://www.scipy.org/Numpy_Example_List
>>> but is documented on the Numpy Example List with Doc
>>> http://www.scipy.org/Numpy_Example_List_With_Doc
>>> I thought the latter was auto-generated from the former,
>>> as stated at the top of the latter?
>

> On 12/15/2008 9:38 PM josef.pktd at gmail.com apparently wrote:
>> I checked the changelog of example list with docs, and it seems that
>> there were several edits directly on the example list with docs page.
>> I guess the warning on top is not enough to prevent edits.
>

> Well I added the unique1d example to the Numpy Example List
> http://www.scipy.org/Numpy_Example_List.  I hope that was
> the correct response.
>
> Alan

What's the future of the example list, on the example list with docs
it says Numpy 1.0.4. It hasn't been updated in a while. When I started
out with numpy, I used it as a main reference, but now, some examples,
that I wanted to look at, had outdated function signature.

For me, the new docs are now more usable than the example list. I was
thinking of starting an example list for scipy.stats, but I guess the
effort is better placed in improving the new docs.

Josef