[Numpy-discussion] Importance of order when summing values in anarray

Hanni Ali hanni.ali at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 10:00:07 EST 2008

Hi Bruce,

Ahh, but I would have thought the precision for the array operation would be
the same no matter which values I wish to sum? The array is in float64 in
all cases.

I would not have thought altering the type of the integer values would make
any difference as these indices are all below 5 milllion.

Perhaps I have misunderstood your suggestion could you expand.

Cheers,

Hanni

Also, increase the numerical precision as that may depend on your