[Numpy-discussion] NumPy 1.2.0b2 released

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Fri Aug 15 22:06:54 EDT 2008

On Aug 15, 2008, at 11:18 PM, Travis E. Oliphant wrote:
> Where would that be, in the C-code?  The reason for add_newdocs is to
> avoid writing docstrings in C-code which is a pain.

That was my thought. I could see that the code might useful
during module development, where you don't want text changes
to incur a recompile hit.  But come release time, if someone
volunteers to migrate the docstrings to C, in order to get
a small bit of performance increase, then I don't see why not.

				Andrew
				dalke at dalkescientific.com